Fioricet belongs to a drug class called analgesics or painkillers. Analgesics function purely to achieve a condition referred to as analgesia that simply means pain relief without loss of consciousness. Fioricet is a combination of three drugs Acetaminophen, Caffeine, and Butalbital all functioning together in the whole process of pain relief.
Firstly, acetaminophen functions to lower fevers and relieve you of the pain. Secondly, butalbital functions to calm down the muscle contractions that cause migraines and tension headaches. Lastly, caffeine has the main function of acting as a stimulant to enable the blood vessels to have better blood flow to help reduce the contractions that cause headaches.
Fioricet is available in different other brand names including Esgic, Zebutal, and Margesic.
Apart from migraines and tension headaches, Fioricet is used to treat any pain related discomforts and illnesses. Fioricet comes mainly in tablet, oral solution, and capsules and is administered orally. The dosage recommended is between 1 and 2 tablets after every 4 hours depending on the pain intensity although t should not exceed 6 tablets per 24 hours. Fioricet in children below the age of 12 years should be done and supervised by a medical practitioner.
In cases of a missed dose, if the next dose time is far, take your Fioricet dosage immediately. If the next dosage time is near, skip the missed dose and take it the next time it is due. Do not at all costs take a double dose because the effects are severe and sometimes fatal. Remember Acetaminophen in large continuous usage leads to acute liver failure. In a situation where there is an overdose, call your doctor immediately as it is highly toxic.
Do not share your Fioricet medications with anyone. Ensure that all your drug dosages are prescribed by a doctor. In cases of any reactions that are persistent, do not hesitate to call your doctor for consultation. Fioricet, when misused, is considered an emergency case and should be attended to immediately. So, take the medication only as directed by the doctor.
Consult medical personnel for advice on how to dispose of remaining drugs. Keep Fioricet out of children’s reach, away from heat and freeze and away from direct light and moisture. Maintain Fioricet at room temperature and do not store medications that are long expired since they can cause poisoning. Also, avoid taking alcohol and doing strenuous activities when taking the drug.
Fioricet Side Effects
The resultant effects of using Fioricet are as follows:
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience labored breathing and edema in the face, tongue, lips and /or throat. These signs would keep getting intense and should be addressed before they can cause much damage.
- Acetaminophen causes blisters and rashes on the skin. To some extent, it has caused skin redness and soreness and eventually peeling. You should stop taking the drug immediately and consult your doctor as you could be allergic to acetaminophen.
- Other side effects that need you to call your doctor immediately are seizures and shortness of breath that will make you faint or feel like you would faint dizziness and convulsions. Confusion and drowsiness might make you pass out and you should call your doctor the instant you feel the same.
- Stomach upsets; nausea and vomiting, very dark colored stool and urine, and yellowing in the eyes should be reported and immediately stop intake of the drug. Abdominal pains should indicate negative reactions to Fioricet.
- Continuous usage of Fioricet leads to addiction. This is the state of the body where you cannot do without the drug. Your system adjusts to its usage until you get to the point that it becomes a demand.
Fioricet prices are usually higher as compared to other pain-relieving medication. As such, there are coupons that are used to obtain discounted prices so that you do not have to bear the heavy load of cash all by yourself.
Price Chart of Fioricet in Different Pharmacies
To obtain Fioricet online, consult our List of Recommended Online Pharmacies.
Fioricet, just like any drug, is subject to validity check. There is no better way to know whether it would work for you than reviews pertaining its usage. From reviews, you get to know all the information about the drug especially its reactions both positive and negative. You also get to know if there are other optional drugs that serve the same function.
Sample Review on Fioricet Drugs
From the first client ‘aeralynlayla’, the pain she experienced was so severe that she was throwing up and all the other medications did not seem to work out for her. This was until she started using Fioricet and it cleared all her pains, and she experienced relief and a total difference.
‘Anonymous’, the second client, suffered for 18 days with migraines and terrible throbbing pain in his head until he came across Fioricet and it took away all the suffering, anxiety and migraines. He goes on to advise you to go to your doctor and get the drug if you are suffering from moderate to severe anxiety.
Also note, there may be negative comments as a result of different customer experience and unavoidable fluctuations here and there. Depending on your need, take reviews seriously to avoid instances that have been reported by others.
Fioricet is useful in relieving you of the pain caused from day to day activities. However, prolonged usage will lead to addiction and over-dependence which can have severe side effects on you. While you go about your drug purchases, beware of con men and fraudsters posing as drug vendors waiting to con you of your hard earned money. Do not fall victim to their traps. First, run a legit check on all pharmacies you intend to purchase from. Secondly, use online reviews to get the real picture. When in doubt, do not hesitate to consult our Top List of recommended Pharmacies and drug stores.