Pain meds are a group of drugs that are prescribed to treat pain episodes. Some of the causes of pain are muscle stiffness, muscle aches, swelling, inflammation, and infection among others, all of which can be treated with pain meds from your online drug store. Pain can be described as sharp or acute when it is extreme. Pain can also be described as dull, numbing or minor when it is mild. Have your doctor analyze the exact ailment before proceeding to do a prescription for the same. While pain tolerance has been reported to vary from patient to patient, pain meds work similarly both to reduce inflammations and to manipulate the pain receptors in the brain. Pain meds can be accessed by everyone on online pharmacies with or without a prescription.
Pain meds can be categorized into two categories namely Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs commonly referred to as NSAIDs and Acetaminophen.
Classification of Pain Meds
Pain meds are largely classified into two categories namely:
- NSAIDs – Available in most online pharmacies, the most common NSAIDs are Asprin and Ibuprofen. Their impact is short-lived meaning you may have to take more than three doses to rid of the pain. Available as brand names and as combinations with other drugs in all registered online pharmacies, NSAIDs are commonly used to treat inflammatory related pains.
- Acetaminophen – In most cases of moderately severe pain, Acetaminophen is taken in combination with other drugs like oxycodone, hydrocodone, and codeine. Mostly used to treat non-inflammatory related pains and extremely acute pains.
- Narcotics, stimulants, strong painkillers, and other controlled substances – On prescription, you can access painkillers like Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Percocet, Vicodin, Tramadol and many others that you would wish to obtain legally.
To ascertain the legality of any pain medication, always compare packaging and costs of several brands before purchase. There shouldn’t be an abnormally wide variation.
Packaging and Average Pricing of Common Pain Meds
Effects of Pain Meds
The sole advantage of taking pain meds is the temporary relief of discomfort and physical distress. Over time or on completion of dosage the pain might be permanently dealt with and the end result is the elimination of the unpleasant effects inflicted on you.
Pain relief meds have several negative implications for patients as highlighted below:
- Nausea and vomiting – This will vary from patient to patient depending on the drug component and patient history with a particular drug.
- Stomach upset and diarrhea – Pain meds should be taken after meals because their effects are strong and almost instant. When taken by a weak patient, they have been reported to cause abdominal pains and to an extent diarrhea.
- Constipation and dried mouth – This is as a result of dehydration. You lose your body water in the process of breaking down the meds into your body system and this results in dry mouth, dry gut area and subsequently constipation.
- Weakened immune system – As you use the pain meds, your system gets accustomed to having them and in most cases, it starts to depend on them resulting in low immunity and ability to fight illnesses on its own.
- Chills and tremor – This side effect has been reported among most patients and it will result in a lot of goose-bumps and lack of sleep. It, however, tends to go away as the pain eases.
- Major organs at risk – Too much usage of pain meds cause damage to kidney, liver and the brain sometimes even causing a stroke.
- Death –Higher doses done daily with narcotic combinations can be fatal and its effects irreversible resulting in death.
It is important to note that these effects can be arrested early enough. If you take pain meds according to doctor’s instruction, the effects will be reduced. You should also consult your doctor immediately if you experience chest pains and trouble breathing as it indicates serious contra-indications on your side.
How to Get Pain Meds Online Legally
In your day to day life, you will not escape one or two pain occurrences. Fatigues, menstrual pains, muscle sprains, fever among others are examples of pain you may undergo from time to time. The medications are available in most online drug stores and as such, you need to know the process of getting legal drugs from legal vendors. The points to note are illustrated below:
- Get a prescription – This goes especially for narcotics, strong painkillers, stimulants and other controlled substances. Getting a prescription from a medical expert will ensure that you only purchase pain meds legally.
- Only purchase from registered vendors – The various forms of pain meds are better purchased from legit pharmacies. This will help you get the best quality drugs besides giving safe transactions online. This will also shield you from scrupulous vendors out to con you and steal from you.
- Check for reviews from users online – It goes without saying that reviews will enable you to get a better picture of a drug. Even if the reaction to a drug will vary from one person to another, there will be reported a general reaction from which you can gauge and determine your own expected reaction.
- Legit check – The only way you cannot go wrong is by running a legit check on sites that you are not sure about. Online pharmacies that are not recommended are listed here. Use sites like LegitScript and NAPB (National Association of Boards of Pharmacy) for more information. Needless to say, if a site is not recommended, its drugs are unlikely legal.
NAPB Official Page for Legit Check
Pain meds are now available for your access but while at it, ensure you take all your medications according to the doctor’s instructions. Do not hesitate to call your doctor in cases of severe reactions to drugs. Also, ensure you do not fall victim to online scammers and con people. Always double check the legitimacy of a given site. When in doubt please check online for our TOP List of recommended pharmacies for quality pain relief drugs.